Dubai Metro is extending every year since it’s launch in 2009. Moving around the city with Dubai metro is pretty simple and affordable. Here is the ultimate guide about Dubai Metro for tourists and public transport users.
Since it is such an essential aspect of living in Dubai. All UAE Tours brings to you an entire guide of the metro train in Dubai. In this guide, you will know all the information on the timings, ticket prices and list the metro stations in Dubai to help you choose the right decision when traveling through Dubai using the metro.
Dubai Metro Lines
Two lines of the metro have been constructed and another new one will be open in May 2020.
|Red Line||2009||Rashidiya to UAE Exchange (Jebel Ali)|
|Green Line||2011||Etisalat to Creek|
|Route 2020||Opening 2020.||Nakheel Harbour and Tower to Expo 2020.|
In Route 2020 15 km extension added to Dubai Metro. It will be from Nakheel Harbour and Tower Metro Station to the Expo 2020 site.
Dubai Metro Timings
The metro in Dubai is operational overall the week. The Dubai Metro working hours are a little bit different for the Red Line and Green Line.
Red Line Dubai Metro Timing
|DAY||REDLINE DUBAI METRO TIMING|
|Saturday to Wednesday Dubai metro timings||05:00 am – 12:00 am (midnight)|
|Thursday Dubai metro timings||05:00 am – 1:00 am (The next day)|
Green Line Dubai Metro Timing
|DAY||GREENLINE DUBAI METRO TIMING|
|Saturday to Wednesday Dubai metro timings||05:30 am – 12:00 am (midnight)|
|Thursday Dubai metro timings||05:30 am – 01:00 am (The next day)|
Friday Dubai Metro Timing
|Dubai Metro Line||FRIDAY METRO TIMINGS DUBAI|
|Red Line Metro timings Friday||10:00 am – 1:00 am (The next day)|
|GreenLine Metro timings Friday||10:00 am – 1:00 am (The next day)|
Last Train Timings For The Last Metro Stops On The Red Line
|Day||Last train from UAE Exchange to Rashidiya||Last train from Rashidiya to UAE Exchange|
|Saturday to Wednesday||10:55 pm||10:54 pm|
|Thursday||01:56 pm||11:56 pm|
|Friday||11:53 pm||11:53 pm|
Last Train Timings For The Last Metro Stops On The Green Line
|Day||Etisalat to Creek||Creek to Etisalat|
|Saturday to Wednesday||11:24 pm||11:21 pm|
|Thursday||12:22 pm||12:20 pm|
|Friday||12:22 pm||12:20 pm|
Dubai Metro Map
There are three metro cabins accessible to travelers of the Metro:
- Gold Class Cabin – This cabin is located right at the front of the train and only accessible to holders of the Gold Nol Card.
- Ladies & Children’s Cabin – Dedicated cabin for ladies and children only. It can be accessed with any NOL Card. Previously this cabin was situated right next to the Gold Cabin. It will soon be moved to the end of the train to ensure a smooth and safe journey for all.
- Standard Class Cabin – General Cabin for all metro users and can be accessed with any NOL Card
PARKING AT THE DUBAI METRO
If you have your own transport but still want to use the Dubai Metro. Then there are 3 metro stations that offer car parking.
DUBAI METRO RULES: WHAT TO AVOID WHEN TRAVELLING
All of the public transportation in Dubai are monitored and follow strict rules and regulations. Here are a few things to keep in mind when traveling by trains in Dubai
- Always make sure you are in the right cabin, as per your NOL card. Every cabin is marked to denote the right cabin. Failure to follow this can result in fines of up to AED 100.
- Avoid eating, drinking in the metro. Chewing gum is also not allowed. The fine for chewing gum in the metro is AED 100.
- Sleeping is not allowed in the waiting areas of the metro.
- Sitting on the floor or between two train cars is also not allowed.
- Pushing the emergency button when there is no emergency can cost you AED 2000 if found guilty.
FAQS ABOUT THE METRO IN DUBAI
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about the subway in Dubai. The Dubai Metro is one of the most popular public transportation systems in Dubai.
WHEN IS THE LAST TRAIN FOR THE DUBAI METRO?
WHEN DOES THE METRO OPEN ON FRIDAY?
WHICH METRO STATION IS NEAR DUBAI AIRPORT?
* Dubai International Terminal 3
* Dubai International Terminal 1
IS THERE DUBAI METRO APP?
WHICH METRO STATIONS ARE NEAR MALLS IN DUBAI?
Deira City Center
Al Ghurair (Union)
The Dubai Mall
Dubai Marina Mall (via the Tram)
Mall of the Emirates
That concludes this guide to the metro train in Dubai. If you are looking for a more easy way to get around the city.